Economic Strategy and Economic Partnership
Purpose of Report: The report will set out the draft York Economic
Strategy 2022-2030, building on the agreed themes of:
• A greener economy
• A global city
• Creating the right conditions for sustainable growth
• A thriving local workforce
• An inclusive economy powered by good business
It will also propose arrangements for a new York Economic Partnership, including draft terms of reference.
The Executive Member will be asked to approve the draft Economic Strategy and proposals for establishing the Economic Partnership, so that they can be the subject of public consultation and Council Scrutiny prior to submission of the final strategy to Executive in the autumn.
Decision type: Non-key
Decision status: Decision Made
Wards affected: (All Wards);
Notice of proposed decision first published: 09/05/2022
Decision due: 28/06/22 by Executive Member for Economy and Strategic Planning
Lead member: Executive Member for Economy and Strategic Planning
Lead director: Corporate Director of Place
Department: Directorate of Place
Contact: Simon Brereton, Head of Economic Growth Email: email@example.com.
Considered multiple times by Economy and Place Scrutiny and Climate Change Scrutiny, and previous drafts presented through the Executive Member’s EMDS. Strategy based on public engagement through Our Big Conversation process.
Equality Impact Assessment Completed?: EIA will be considered as part of the report.
- 28/06/2022 - York Economic Strategy and Economic Partnership
- 28/06/2022 - Decision Session - Executive Member for Economy and Strategic Planning York Economic Strategy and Economic Partnership (10:16am) 28/06/2022