The York Business Improvement District renewal ballot
Purpose of Report: To advise the
Executive about the York Business Improvement District (BID)
renewal ballot. This will allow local businesses within the BID
area to vote on whether they wish the BID to continue as an
organisation for a second five year term.
*Please note this report, and the ballot renewal date, has been delayed for three months due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Executive will be asked to:
• Support the City Centre BID and its work, and its bid for a
• Confirm that the Executive is satisfied that the York BID proposals are not in conflict with any existing Council Policy
• Note the Baseline Service Agreements which provide a legal commitment by the Council to maintain provision of relevant services in the BID area
• Approve arrangements proceed to allow the Council to operate the ballot and act as the collection agent for the levy
• Note the stages and timescales required to secure a second BID term
This item has been postponed until 14 January 2021 due to the York Bid Ballot date has been delayed and therefore the above report has been slipped in line with the revised timeline.
Decision type: Non-key
Decision status: For Determination
Wards affected: (All Wards);
Notice of proposed decision first published: 21/09/2020
Level of Risk: 04-08 Regular monitoring required;
Decision due: 14/01/21 by Executive
Reason: This item has been postponed until 14 January 2021 due to the York Bid Ballot date has been delayed and therefore the above report has been slipped in line with the revised timeline.
Lead member: Executive Member for Economy and Strategic Planning
Lead director: Corporate Director of Economy and Place
Department: Directorate of Economy and Place
This process will be outlined in the
Making Representations: All levy payers within the BID geography with be consulted.
- The York Business Improvement District renewal ballot