Changes to Council Tenancy Agreement
Purpose of report: To present proposed amendments to the council’s tenancy agreement including:
· providing clarification on the wording with regard to the use of the property.
· changing the rent year from 48 weeks & 4 weeks ‘rent free’ to 52 weeks (the effect being that the same amount is paid overall but it makes it easier to budget especially when Universal Credit is fully rolled out.)
· introducing flexible tenancy start dates so it does not have to be a Monday.
· amending the succession rules for new tenants so that they are in line with the Localism Act 2012.
· introducing a requirement to obtain permission to have pets (this is not currently a requirement) so that this can be withdrawn when needed.
Existing tenants will be consulted before notice of changes can be issued for implementation in April 2016.
The Executive Member is asked to agree to consult with tenants on proposed changes to council tenants tenancy agreement
Due to other meeting commitments the Executive Member will now hold his Decision Session on Wednesday 16 December at 3:00pm.
Decision type: Non-key
Decision status: Decision Made
Wards affected: (All Wards);
Notice of proposed decision first published: 09/11/2015
Decision due: 16/12/15 by Executive Leader (incorporating Housing & Safer Neighbourhoods))
Lead member: Executive Leader (incorporating Housing & Safer Neighbourhoods))
Lead director: Director of Communities & Neighbourhoods
Department: Directorate of Communities & Neighbourhoods
- 16/12/2015 - Proposed Changes to the Tenancy Agreement
- 16/12/2015 - Decision Session - Executive Member for Finance and Major Projects Proposed Changes to the Tenancy Agreement 16/12/2015