Agenda and minutes
Venue: Carr Junior School, Otsman Road
Contact: Cindy Benton
You will have an opportunity to talk to:
This was an opportunity for residents to talk to their ward councillors, report any street environment or any other ward-based issues.
7.00pm Main Meeting
Alan Bell, Fire Station Manager, will tell you about the York Fire Service Provision Review
An update from your Neighbourhood Policing Team on ward issues and your chance to ask any questions
Have your say on the ward schemes for your area. Also an opportunity for groups who have made a grant request to speak about their group
Your opportunity for you to discuss local issues and concerns
Extra Agenda Items added – York Fire Service Review & Harewood Whin
2. Cecil Pugh, Group Manager North Yorkshire Fire & Rescue
Cecil gave a brief update on the review of all the fire stations in York and in particular the main issues.
· The Fire Service are seeking the views of residents & businesses.
· Proposals are to be made regarding the relocation of fire stations within the city and the residents of York will be asked for their opinions about these proposals.
· There will be consultation papers all over the city in the next few weeks.
The Police gave a brief ward update;
Issues and questions raised;
· The PCSO’s should be going down Beckfield Lane at different times and not just at 2pm when the kids are not around.
· It is not just kids riding on pavements, a lot of adults do it too.
4. Harewood Whin
The Environment Agency issued the following statement which was read out by Cllr David Horton;
The Environment Agency has received assurances from Yorwaste that they are on target to have an improved gas management system in place at Harewood Whin waste processing site by the end of the month – to reduce odorous emissions.
Environment Agency regulatory officer, Kevin Nicholson, said: "Yorwaste were served with an enforcement notice on July 7 regarding breaches to the Environmental Permit at Harewood Whin waste processing site.
"By August 4, Yorwaste had completed two out of three improvements; dealing with ponding water and providing better cover to the waste. They had also made satisfactory progress in developing agreed improvements to the gas management plan, including steps to install gas extraction equipment.
"Over the past two months there have been operational delays. Yorwaste have said they should finish drilling the wells for the gas extraction equipment in the next seven days, and the gas management system should be connected within 3 weeks.
"This will allow gaseous emissions to be drawn out of the waste and flared, and we are confident this will greatly reduce the potential for odours."
The following questions were raised by residents and put to Helen Howlett from the Environmental Protection Unit;
· Are you sure that Harewood Whin is where the smell is coming from?
o Yes, the regulatory officer has confirmed this.
· Is the Seage plant at Rawcliffe regulated?
o Yes it is regulated by the Environment Agency & CYC.
5. Safe Routes For School (Manor School)
Mike Durkin (Project manager. Transport & Safety, CYC) showed residents the outline proposals for the cycle track on Beckfield Lane and also a proposal for a zebra crossing.
The cycle path will be 2 metres wide next to the footpath that will ... view the full minutes text for item 2.