York Skills & Employment Board
The Board is responsible for developing and implementing the city’s Adult Education and Skills Plan within the framework set by York’s 10 year and 1 year recovery strategies and the York Economic Strategy.
It also forms part of the city’s Economic Response structure, with the City Leader Group providing overall direction and setting the 10 year and 1 year strategies.
The Board is comprised of representatives from:
· City of York Council
· York College
· University of York
· York St John University
· Askham Bryan College
· York Secondary Heads
· York Chamber of Commerce
· Federation of Small Businesses
· Institute of Directors
· York Professionals
· York and North Yorkshire Local Enterprise Partnership (LEP)
· Trades Union Congress (TUC)
· JobCentre Plus and Department for Work and Pensions (DWP)
· Vocational training providers
· Private sector training and skill providers
· Relevant sector skills bodies
It is not a decision making body but will advise and make recommendations to the Council, the LEP, Combined Authority and to the City Leaders Board.
Every two months, with the frequency to be reviewed on an annual basis. The body may decide to establish sub groups to undertake projects on a task and finish basis.
Skills Manager: Employer Engagement, Employability
- Maxine Squire - Assistant Director, Education and Skills, City of York Council
- Councillor Andrew Waller - Westfield Ward