York Learning Improvement Board
The York Learning Improvement Board, which consists of representatives of relevant stakeholder groups, provides scrutiny and challenge with respect to the learning offer provided by the council’s adult learning service and the quality of its teaching, learning and assessment. It:
· Helps steer the service in meeting the needs of target groups especially relating to the essential skills of English, maths and ICT as well as to those with additional needs.
· Provides robust challenge and scrutiny on quality processes and self-assessment reports.
· Brings advice and guidance relating to opportunities for delivery in communities based on an understanding of community needs.
· Supports the service in its business model for full cost delivery so that funds can support those areas of the service that can never be fully financed through external funding.
The board meets quarterly and reports annually to the Children, Education and Communities Scrutiny Committee.
- Councillor Simon Daubeney (Chair)