York and North Yorkshire Waste Partnership (Members)
1. The local authorities of York and North Yorkshire have developed a shared vision for the sustainable management of household and commercial waste within the area through the adoption of a joint municipal waste strategy entitled “lets talk rubbish”.
2. This statement of Agreed Principles builds on that strategy by setting out a common understanding of the approach to be adopted in its delivery, and by providing guidance to the parties to help development of future implementation plans
3. This statement of Agreed Principles is not legally binding, but it is recognised that the effective and efficient delivery of the joint strategy requires formal agreements between the parties to underwrite additional risk, capital investment and long term contract arrangements. The parties therefore acknowledge that it is likely that this statement of Agreed Principles is the first stage in a process, which will lead to a formal and legally binding agreement between the parties governing the delivery of the joint waste strategy.
Councillors wishing to question the Council's representatives on this body can do so in two ways:
· by asking them at full Council in the usual way or;
· by using the email link given in the representatives details
Meetings are held quarterly at the Civic Centre, Stone Cross, Northallerton.
Suzanne Dewsnap, Waste Partnership Manager- York & North Yorkshire
Ryedale District Council
York City is not responsible for the content of any external link