Levelling Up Round 2 Funding and UK Shared Prosperity Fund
Purpose of Report: The report summarises two funding pots that have
been made available by the Government to support the delivery of
its Levelling Up Agenda, which was set out in the Levelling Up
White Paper earlier this year.
The two pots recently announced are the UK Shared Prosperity Fund and round 2 of the Levelling Up Fund. The report seeks approval for officers to prepare the necessary business cases to submit a bid for Levelling Up Funding, and to prepare the investment plan required to draw down UK Shared Prosperity Funding.
The Executive will be asked to:
1) Set out the necessary work, including stakeholder engagement and the preparation of bids and investment plans to secure the drawdown of York’s allocation of the UK Shared Prosperity Fund and the preparation of bids for the Levelling Up Fund.
2) Confirm the Investment Plan, required to draw down York’s allocation of funding from the UK Shared Prosperity Fund.
3) Approve the projects for submission to Round 2 of the Levelling Up Fund.
Decision type: Key
Reason Key: Cabinet Decision - a 'Key Issue' - decision leading to savings or expenditure of £500,000 or above;
Decision status: Decision Made
Wards affected: (All Wards);
Notice of proposed decision first published: 18/05/2022
Decision due: 16/06/22 by Executive
Lead member: Executive Member for Finance and Performance
Lead director: Corporate Director of Place
Department: Directorate of Place
As part of the bid and Investment Plan preparation process consultation will be undertaken with key stakeholders in the city, including ward members and partners.
Equality Impact Assessment Completed?: EIA will be considered as part of the report.
- 16/06/2022 - Executive Levelling Up Round 2 Funding and UK Shared Prosperity Fund (5:55 pm) 16/06/2022
- Levelling Up Round 2 Funding and UK Shared Prosperity Fund