York as a World Heritage Site
Purpose of Report: To consider potential application for York to become designated as a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
The Executive will be asked to
• Accept the recommendation of the York World Heritage Steering Group (YWHSG) report that York should make a bid for World Heritage status;
• Commit City of York Council, together with YWHSG, to ask the Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport to consider an application from York for admittance to the UK Tentative List of World Heritage Sites;
• Work with YWHSG to take the bid project forward to Stage 2, including forming a broad-based public and private partnership to take forward the required work.
Decision type: Key
Reason Key: Be significant in terms of its effects on communities;
Decision status: Decision Made
Wards affected: (All Wards);
Notice of proposed decision first published: 28/02/2022
Level of Risk: 04-08 Regular monitoring required;
Decision due: 21/04/22 by Executive
Lead member: Executive Member for Culture, Leisure and Communities
Lead director: Director of Customer & Communities
Department: Directorate of Customer & Communities
Contact: Charlie Croft, Assistant Director of Customer and Communities Email: email@example.com.
Equality Impact Assessment Completed?: To be completed.
- 22/04/2022 - York as a World Heritage Site
- 21/04/2022 - Executive York as a World Heritage Site 21/04/2022
- York as a World Heritage Site