Interim Financial Inclusion/Welfare Benefits Update Report
This paper will update the Executive Members on:
· financial inclusion (FI) activity during 2021/22 to date including delivery of FI grant schemes;
· for these periods an update on benefits statistics and performance as administered by the council including the York Financial Assistance Scheme, and additional covid emergency funding provided by the council;
· any ongoing impact of welfare benefits changes in York, including Universal Credit and importantly the support available for residents in dealing with this and Covid-19 challenges;
· any other necessary recommendations and decisions around Financial Inclusion funding.
The Executive Member in consultation with the Executive Member for Housing & Safer Neighbourhoods will be asked to note the contents of the report and approve any decisions in relation to financial inclusion funding, if required.
Decision type: Non-key
Decision status: Decision Made
Wards affected: (All Wards);
Notice of proposed decision first published: 18/10/2021
Decision due: 13/12/21 by Executive Member for Finance and Performance
Reason: In consultation with the Executive Member for Housing & Safer Neighbourhoods
Lead member: Executive Member for Finance and Performance
Lead director: Director of Customer & Communities
Department: Directorate of Customer & Communities
Contact: Pauline Stuchfield, Director of Customer & Communities Email: email@example.com.
N/A as this report is in the main for information.
Feedback from Financial Inclusion Steering Group and Advice York partners will be sought on up to date city wide activity and data
Equality Impact Assessment Completed?: Please note this must have been fully completed by the time the final paper is submitted for the relevant Executive / Executive Member Decision Session meeting
- 13/12/2021 - Decision Session - Executive Member for Finance and Major Projects Interim Financial Inclusion/Welfare Benefits Update Report 13/12/2021