Interim report on financial inclusion and welfare benefits activities 2019/20
This paper will update
• financial inclusion (FI) activity during 2019/20 including delivery of FI grant schemes
• an update on benefits statistics and performance as administered by the council including the York Financial Assistance Scheme
• any ongoing impact of recent and imminent welfare benefits changes in York, including Universal Credit, and importantly the support available for residents in dealing with these challenges.
• Progress in implanting the agreed recommendations from the Financial Inclusion Scrutiny Review
Members will be asked to note the report.
Item has been deferred to the 21 January 2020 Executive meeting as the 12 December 2019 meeting, has been cancelled due to clash with general election.
Decision type: Non-key
Decision status: Decision Made
Wards affected: (All Wards);
Notice of proposed decision first published: 21/10/2019
Level of Risk: 04-08 Regular monitoring required;
Decision due: 21/01/20 by Executive
Reason: Executive Meeting on the 12 December 2019, has been cancelled due to election on the same day. Executive on 30 January 2020 will now be held on 21 January 2020.
Lead member: Executive Member for Finance and Performance, Executive Member for Housing & Safer Neighbourhoods
Lead director: Corporate Director of Customer and Corporate Services
Department: Directorate of Customer and Corporate Services
Contact: Pauline Stuchfield, Assistant Director - Customer Services and Digital 01904 551706 Email: email@example.com.
Ongoing engagements with the Financial Inclusion Steering Group which includes external partners.
- 21/01/2020 - Executive Interim Report on Financial Inclusion and Welfare Benefits Activities 2019/20 21/01/2020
- Interim report on financial inclusion and welfare benefits activities 2019/20