Renewal ballot for the York Business Improvement District (BID)
Purpose of Report: To seek support and approval from the Executive
Member for the York Business Improvement District (BID) renewal
ballot to take place in November 2020. This will allow local
businesses to vote on whether they wish to continue with the BID
for a second five year term.
The Executive Member will be asked to:
• Support the City Centre BID and its work
• Confirm that the Executive Member is satisfied that the York BID proposals are not in conflict with any existing Council Policy
• Approve the Baseline Service Agreements which provide a legal commitment by the Council to maintain provision of relevant services in the BID area
• Approve arrangements proceed to allow the Council to operate the ballot and act as the collection agent for the levy
• Note the stages and timescales required to implement the decision as outlined in these recommendations.
• Agree that a report on the BID renewal can be presented to the Executive for their agreement and sign off
Decision type: Non-Key
Decision status: For Determination
Wards affected: Fishergate Ward; Guildhall Ward; Micklegate Ward;
Notice of proposed decision first published: 16/09/2019
Decision due: 18/11/19 by Executive Member for Economy and Strategic Planning
Reason: The date of this decision session has been changed. This item will now be considered on 18 November 2019
Lead member: Executive Member for Economy and Strategic Planning
Lead director: Corporate Director of Economy and Place
Department: Directorate of Economy and Place
Please contact the report author for further details.
Making Representations: Please contact the report author for further details.
- 18/11/2019 - Decision Session - Executive Member for Economy and Strategic Planning [previously Executive Member for Economic Development and Community Engagement (Deputy Leader)] Renewal ballot for the York Business Improvement District (BID) 18/11/2019