Annual report on financial inclusion and welfare benefits activities
This paper will update Executive on:
• financial inclusion (FI) activity during 2018/19 including delivery of FI grant schemes
• an update on benefits statistics and performance as administered by the council including the York Financial Assistance Scheme
• any ongoing impact of recent and imminent welfare benefits changes in York, including Universal Credit, and importantly the support available for residents in dealing with these challenges.
• Action planned to implement the agreed recommendations from the Financial Inclusion Scrutiny Review
The Executive will be asked to note the report and approve the actions to deliver the agreed recommendations from the Financial Inclusion Scrutiny Review.
Decision type: Non-key
Decision status: Decision Made
Wards affected: (All Wards);
Notice of proposed decision first published: 17/06/2019
Level of Risk: 04-08 Regular monitoring required;
Decision due: 18/07/19 by Executive
Lead member: Councillor Denise Craghill, Executive Member for Housing and Safer Neighbourhoods email@example.com
Lead director: Corporate Director of Customer and Corporate Services
Department: Directorate of Customer and Corporate Services
Contact: Pauline Stuchfield, Director of Customer & Communities 01904 551706 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Feedback from Financial Inclusion Steering Group and Advice York partners will be sought on up to date city wide data.
- 18/07/2019 - Executive Annual Report on Financial Inclusion and Welfare Benefits Activities 2018/19 18/07/2019
- Annual report on financial inclusion and welfare benefits activities