A Cultural Strategy for York
An extensive engagement exercise has produced a seven year development plan to ensure that:
• York will be internationally recognised for its exceptional heritage and unique arts offer.
• Residents and businesses in York will benefit from York’s unique cultural offer, leading to greater investment and participation in the city.
• That the cultural offer for York’s residents will be expanded beyond the city centre.
• All citizens, irrespective of age or background, will be proud to be engaged with York’s arts and heritage offer, which will include a wide range of inclusive opportunities.
This item has been deferred to the meeting of the Executive on 14 February 2019 to allow the draft strategy to reflect the consultation feedback.
Decision type: Non-key
Decision status: Decision Made
Wards affected: (All Wards);
Notice of proposed decision first published: 29/10/2018
Level of Risk: 04-08 Regular monitoring required;
Decision due: 14/02/19 by Executive
Reason: This item has been deferred to the meeting of the Executive on 14 February 2019 to allow the draft strategy to reflect the consultation feedback.
Lead member: Executive Member for Culture, Leisure & Tourism
Lead director: Corporate Director of Children, Education and Communities
Department: Directorate of Children, Education and Communities
- 15/02/2019 - A Cultural Strategy for York 2019-2025
- 14/02/2019 - Executive A Cultural Strategy for York 2019-2025 14/02/2019
- A Cultural Strategy for York