Adopting the Ethical Care Charter (Home Care)
Purpose of Report: The report reviews the implications of the Council adopting the “Ethical Care Charter”. The Charter was developed and published by UNISON after they conducted a survey of Home Care workers in 2012. It will highlight the implications of adopting the Charter for the City of York and evidences York’s strong position and approach that already exists in this area.
The Executive is asked to:
· Agree to the Council adopting stages 1 and 2 of the Charter, noting the implications and actions required.
· Note the implications of adopting stage 3 and agree further work to be undertaken to clarify the impact and financial implication and to bring back a further report at a later date.
Decision type: Key
Reason Key: Cabinet Decision - a 'Key Issue' - decision leading to savings or expenditure of £500,000 or above;
Decision status: Decision Made
Wards affected: (All Wards);
Notice of proposed decision first published: 18/12/2017
Decision due: 15/03/18 by Executive
Lead member: Councillor Carol Runciman, Executive Member for Health and Adult Social Care firstname.lastname@example.org
Lead director: Corporate Director of Health, Housing and Adult Social Care
Department: Directorate of Health, Housing and Adult Social Care
Contact: Gary Brittain, Head of Commissioning and Contracts 01904 554099 Email: email@example.com.
Discussions with Unison
Making Representations: Please contact report author
- 16/03/2018 - Adopting the "Ethical Care Charter"
- 15/03/2018 - Executive Adopting the "Ethical Care Charter" 15/03/2018
- Adopting the Ethical Care Charter (Home Care)