Taking Forward York's Public Realm
Purpose of Report:
This report concerns the future development of York's public
- Sets out opportunities and priorities for action.
- Proposes a new partnership approach to engage all stakeholders in the city in improving our public realm.
- Suggests a framework for future capital investment by the Council.
The Executive are asked to approve:
- Aspirations for future public realm enhancements.
- A partnership project board to prepare an investment strategy for the city walls.
- Use of the Council's Built Environment capital funding.
- A partnership approach to champion York's public realm and to refresh York's bid for World Heritage status.
This item has been deferred from 29 September to 24 November 2016 to allow further consideration of options before presenting the report to Members.
This item has been withdrawn from the forward plan for the time being as Members are still considering options.
Decision type: Key
Reason Key: Be significant in terms of its effects on communities;
Decision status: Withdrawn
Wards affected: (All Wards);
Notice of proposed decision first published: 08/08/2016
Decision due: 24/11/16 by Executive
Lead member: Executive Member for Transport and Planning
Lead director: Corporate Director of Economy and Place
Contact: Charlie Croft, Assistant Director Communities and Equalities 01904 553371 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact report author
Making Representations: Contact report author
- Taking Forward York's Public Realm