An Update of the Older Persons’ Accommodation Programme
Purpose of Report: To provide the Executive with an update on the Older Persons’ Accommodation Programme.
Members consent is
1. Move forward with plans for the re-development of the Lowfields school site, beginning with public engagement regarding use and design.
2. Consult on the closure of a further Older Persons’ Home in the autumn of 2016 and one in the first half of 2017, following the Moving Homes Safely Protocol.
3. Open negotiations to purchase land adjacent to Haxby Hall in order to facilitate the examination of options for its future.
Due to an administrative inputting error this item should be considered by Executive on 14 July 2016 and not 30 June 2016.
Decision type: Key
Reason Key: Be significant in terms of its effects on communities;
Decision status: Decision Made
Wards affected: (All Wards);
Notice of proposed decision first published: 31/05/2016
Anticipated restriction: Part exempt - View reasons
Explanation of anticipated restriction:
This report may contain an annex that may be considered in private as it contains Exempt Information as described in Paragraph 3 of Part 1 of Schedule 12A to the Local Government Act 1972 (as amended) in that it contains information relating to the financial or business affairs of any particular person (including the authority holding that information).
Decision due: 14/07/16 by Executive
Lead member: Executive Member for Adult Social Care and Health
Lead director: Corporate Director of Health, Housing and Adult Social Care, Corporate Director of Customer and Corporate Services
Department: Directorate of Health, Housing and Adult Social Care
Appropriate consultation will be
• with the community surrounding Lowfields and other relevant stakeholders
• with the residents, family and staff of the care home which will be the subject of consultation on closure
• with the neighbours, residents and staff at Haxby Hall as well as other stakeholders, on the uses of the site and how the space can be best utilised as part of the future plans for Haxby Hall.
- 14/07/2016 - Executive Demonstrating Progress on the Older Persons’ Accommodation Programme 14/07/2016
- An Update of the Older Persons’ Accommodation Programme