Parking Strategy Report
Purpose of Report: (i) To present the results of a review of the Council's Parking Service covering the Strategic, Policy and Operational aspects.
(ii) To consider the wider policy context and interdependencies for city centre car parking so that further consideration can be given to how the service can best be delivered to meet the future demands and aspirations of the Council.
(iii) To present the latest results of the "Pay on Foot" Trial that has been underway in Marygate Car Park and considers possible options for the expansion of a "Pay on Foot" system across other city centre car parks.
Members are asked to consider and make comment on:
· the results of the Parking Strategy Report.
· the results of the "Pay on foot Trial" on Marygate car park and confirm whether to continue, make permanent or remove the trial.
· the options for expansion of the “Pay on Foot” system of operation to other suitable car parks and how these should be explored further.
This item has slipped to 11 February Executive due to the re-allocation of resources in respect of the recent flood relief efforts, it has not been possible to meet the required deadlines to take this report to the 28 January meeting.
Decision type: Non-key
Decision status: Decision Made
Wards affected: (All Wards);
Notice of proposed decision first published: 16/11/2015
Decision due: 11/02/16 by Executive
Lead member: Executive Member for Transport and Planning
Lead director: Corporate Director of Economy and Place
Department: Directorate of Economy and Place
Contact: David Carter Tel No. 01904 551414 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact the report author.
Making Representations: Contact report author
- 11/02/2016 - Parking Review
- 11/02/2016 - Executive Parking Review 11/02/2016
- Parking Strategy Report