Adoption of York’s Third Air Quality Action Plan (AQAP3)
Purpose of Report: To adopt York’s Third Air Quality Action Plan (AQAP3) following public consultation and amendments.
The Executive Member is asked to adopt the report and amendments.
Having formally received the views of the Economic Development and Transport Policy and Scrutiny Committee Pre Decision Call In Committee which had met immediately prior to his decision making session on 18 November, the Executive Member felt that more time was needed to respond to and address the implications associated with the comments made by scrutiny members. He agreed to receive a further report at a decision session to be held in December which would address those issues raised by scrutiny members. This meeting will take place at 4pm on Monday 14 December.
Decision type: Non-key
Decision status: Decision Made
Wards affected: (All Wards);
Notice of proposed decision first published: 05/10/2015
Decision due: 14/12/15 by Executive Member for Environment
Lead member: Executive Member for Environment
Lead director: Director of Communities & Neighbourhoods
Department: Directorate of Communities & Neighbourhoods
Contact: Mike Southcombe Email: email@example.com Tel: 01904 551514.
Consultation Process & Consultees: Pub
Consultation on the first draft of AQAP3 was undertaken from 21
November 2014 to 2 January 2015. An online questionnaire and
electronic version were on the CYC website and the consultation
period was advertised locally via a general press release, the main
council website, JorAir website and Buzz. Copies of the draft AQAP3
and questionnaire were also placed in York libraries and at West
Offices reception. Additional email notification of the
consultation was sent directly to:
• all statutory consultees
• all local authorities within the Yorkshire region
• local health professionals (including NHS practitioners and members of the Health and Wellbeing board)
• bus and taxi operators
• local ‘Breathe Easy’ group
• University of York and University of Leeds
• Business / other stakeholder contacts from previous LES consultation work
• consultants involved in the LEZ, anti-idling and electric bus feasibility studies
• members of the Low Emission Strategy Partnership (LESP)
• air quality journals
York Press contained a main feature on the AQAP3 consultation on 30 December 2014.
Making Representations: Contact report author
- 18/11/2015 - Adoption of York’s Third Air Quality Action Plan (AQAP3)
- 15/12/2015 - Adoption of York’s Third Air Quality Action Plan (AQAP3)
- 18/11/2015 - Decision Session - Executive Member for Environment and Climate Change Adoption of York’s Third Air Quality Action Plan (AQAP3) 18/11/2015
- 14/12/2015 - Decision Session - Executive Member for Environment and Climate Change Adoption of York’s Third Air Quality Action Plan (AQAP3) 14/12/2015