Issue - decisions
STEP – Transport Data Platform
i. Noted STEP progress to date and approved the commissioning of the STEP Data Platform so the procurement may be completed under officer delegated authority.
· Commissioning the STEP Data Platform will allow CoYC to fulfil the grant funding conditions.
· A Transport Data Platform Prototype has proven the concept and technical integrations work, removing a lot of technical risk.
· A Procurement exercise has been carried out, so contract costs are known.
· A feed of live transport Data from the Prototype has been used by the Government to track COVID travel patterns and has positively raised the profile of CoYC.
· The STEP Data Platform requires a robust industrial solution to ensure future support and reliability not supported with the Prototype.