Health and Wellbeing Board
Purpose of committee
The overall purpose of the Board is to bring together key partners from the NHS, public health and local government, including Healthwatch as the patient’s voice to jointly plan how best to meet local health and care needs.
The Board’s three principal statutory duties are:
· To assess the needs of the local population through a Joint Strategic Needs Assessment (JSNA).
· To set out how these needs will be addressed through a Joint Health and Wellbeing Strategy (JHWBS) that offers a strategic framework in which Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCG’s), Local Authorities and NHS England can make their commissioning decisions.
· To promote greater integration and partnership, including joint commissioning, integrated provision and pooled budgets.
The Board will:
· Agree the strategic health and wellbeing priorities for the city, as a Board and with NHS Vale of York Clinical Commissioning Group, respecting the fact this Group covers a wider geographic area.
· Make a positive difference, improving outcomes for all our communities and those who use our services.
· Lead on the production of a Joint Health and Wellbeing Strategy and a Pharmaceutical Needs Assessment.
The Board will not:
· Manage work programmes or oversee specific pieces of work.
· Focus on the delivery of specific health and wellbeingservices.
· Scrutinise the detailed performance of services.
· Take responsibility for the outputs and outcomes of specific services.
· Be the main vehicle for the patient voiceas this is the responsibility of Healthwatch.
The Board’s Terms of Reference can be found here:
- Councillor Carol Runciman (Chair) Executive Member for Adult Social Care and Public Health
- Councillor Andrew Waller
- Councillor Janet Looker
- Councillor Denise Craghill
- Jamaila Hussain Interim Corporate Director of Children's Services and Corporate Director of Adult Services & Integration
- Dr Emma Broughton Chair of York Health and Care Collaborative & PCN Clinical Director
- Sharon Stoltz Director of Public Health, City of York
- Stephanie Porter Acting Director for Primary Care and Population Health, NHS Vale of York Clinical Commissioning Group
- Shaun Jones Humber and North Yorkshire Locality Interim Director, NHS England and Improvement
- Simon Morritt Chief Executive, York Teaching Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- Mike Padgham Chair, Independent Care Group
- Alison Semmence Chief Executive, York CVS
- Siân Balsom Manager, Healthwatch York
- Lisa Winward Chief Constable, North Yorkshire Police
- Christine Marmion (Substitute) Deputy Chief Executive Officer, York CVS
- Mabs Hussain (Substitute) Deputy Chief Constable, North Yorkshire Police
- Elliot Foskett (Substitute) Assistant Chief Constable- North Yorkshire Police
- Lucy Brown (Substitute) Director of Communications, York Teaching Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- Zoe Campbell (Substitute) Managing Director (North Yorkshire and Selby)- Tees, Esk and Wear Valleys NHS Foundation Trust
- Dr Rebecca Field (Substitute) Chair of York Health Care Collaborative
- John Pattinson (Substitute) Operations Director- Independent Care Group
- Michelle Waugh (Substitute) Humber and North Yorkshire Locality Manager, NHS England and Improvement
- Janet Wright (Substitute) York Healthwatch
- David Kerr (Substitute) Community Mental Health Transformation Programme & Delivery Lead (NYY&S) & TEWV Lead Master Coach
- Councillor Anna Perrett (Substitute)
- Phil Mettam (Substitute) Accountable Officer NHS Vale of York Clinical Commissioning Group
- Michelle Carrington (Substitute) Chief Nurse, NHS Vale of York Clinical Commissioning Group
- Peter Roderick (Substitute) Consultant in Public Health, City of York Council/NHS Vale of York Clinical Commissioning Group
- Fiona Phillips (Substitute) Assistant Director - Consultant in Public Health, City of York Council
- Michael Melvin (Substitute) Assistant Director, Adult's Safeguarding
- David Harbourne (Substitute) Chair of York CVS
- Andrew Bertram (Substitute) Deputy Chief Executive and Finance Director, York Teaching Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- Amanda Jones (Substitute) Assistant Director of Adult Social Services
- Naomi Lonergan
- Councillor Nigel Ayre (Substitute)
Support officer: Democratic Services.
Phone: 01904 551088
Web site: http://www.york.gov.uk