Health and Wellbeing Board
Purpose of committee
The overall purpose of the Board is to bring together key partners from the NHS, public health and local government, including Healthwatch as the patient’s voice to jointly plan how best to meet local health and care needs.
The Board’s three principal statutory duties are:
· To assess the needs of the local population through a Joint Strategic Needs Assessment (JSNA).
· To set out how these needs will be addressed through a Joint Health and Wellbeing Strategy (JHWBS) that offers a strategic framework in which Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCG’s), Local Authorities and NHS England can make their commissioning decisions.
· To promote greater integration and partnership, including joint commissioning, integrated provision and pooled budgets.
The Board will:
· Agree the strategic health and wellbeing priorities for the city, as a Board and with NHS Vale of York Clinical Commissioning Group, respecting the fact this Group covers a wider geographic area.
· Make a positive difference, improving outcomes for all our communities and those who use our services.
· Lead on the production of a Joint Health and Wellbeing Strategy and a Pharmaceutical Needs Assessment.
The Board will not:
· Manage work programmes or oversee specific pieces of work.
· Focus on the delivery of specific health and wellbeingservices.
· Scrutinise the detailed performance of services.
· Take responsibility for the outputs and outcomes of specific services.
· Be the main vehicle for the patient voiceas this is the responsibility of Healthwatch.
The Board’s Terms of Reference can be found here:
- Dr Emma Broughton
- Dr Rebecca Field (Substitute)
- Stephanie Porter
- Councillor Carol Runciman (Chair) Executive Member for Health and Adult Social Care
- Dr Nigel Wells (Vice-Chair) Chair, NHS Vale of York Clinical Commissioning Group
- Councillor Keith Orrell
- Councillor Denise Craghill
- Councillor Anna Perrett
- Sharon Stoltz Director of Public Health, City of York
- Amanda Hatton Corporate Director of Children, Education and Communities
- Shaun Jones NHS England, Humber Coast and Vale
- Simon Morritt Chief Executive, York Teaching Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- Alison Semmence Chief Executive, York CVS
- Lisa Winward Chief Constable, North Yorkshire Police
- Mike Padgham Chair, Independent Care Group
- Naomi Lonergan Director of Operations, North Yorkshire & York, Tees, Esk and Wear Valleys NHS Foundation Trust
- Siân Balsom Manager, Healthwatch York
- Sophie Wales (Substitute) Assistant Director, Children's Social Care, City of York Council
- Andrew Bertram (Substitute) Deputy Chief Executive and Finance Director, York Teaching Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- Colin Martin (Substitute) Chief Executive, Tees, Esk and Wear Valleys NHS Foundation Trust
- Pippa Corner (Substitute) Assistant Director, Joint Commissioning, City of York Council/NHS Vale of York Clinical Commissioning Group
- Phil Mettam (Substitute) Accountable Officer NHS Vale of York Clinical Commissioning Group
- Michelle Carrington (Substitute) Chief Nurse, NHS Vale of York Clinical Commissioning Group
- Wendy Scott (Substitute) Chief Operating Officer, York Teaching Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- Fiona Phillips (Substitute) Assistant Director - Consultant in Public Health, City of York Council
- Maxine Squire (Substitute) Assistant Director, Education and Skills, City of York Council
- Phil Cain (Substitute) Deputy Chief Constable, North Yorkshire Police
- John Clark (Substitute) Chair, Healthwatch York
- Michael Melvin (Substitute) Assistant Director, Adult Social Care, City of York Council
- Liz Herring (Substitute) Head of Service, Adult Mental Health North Yorkshire & York, Tees, Esk and Wear Valleys NHS Foundation Trust
- Beverley Proctor (Substitute) Chief Executive, Independent Care Group
- Emily Abbott (Substitute) Deputy Manager, Healthwatch York
- Michelle Waugh (Substitute)
- David Kerr (Substitute)
- David Harbourne (Substitute) Chair of York CVS
Support officer: Louise Cook. Democracy Officer
Phone: 01904 551031
Web site: http://www.york.gov.uk