19 Blakeney Place York YO10 3HZ [19/02145/FUL]
Two storey side extension and installation of solar panels to front. [Fishergate] [site visit]
Members considered a full application from Mr and Mrs Thompson for a two storey side extension and installation of solar panels to the front of the above property.
Officers provided Members with an oral update on the application.
Stephanie Campbell, Agent for the applicant and Cllr. D'Agorne Ward Member for Fishergate, spoke in support application. Their comments had included the following:
· The applicant had worked in consultation with the planning department on the resubmitted reduced scheme and had made a significant amount of changes.
· The revised proposal is not visually intrusive.
· No residents had objected to the original or revised proposals.
· The applicant had intended to increase the energy efficiency of their property by increasing thermal efficiency and making improvements to the poorly designed ground floor insulation.
· It would be more thermally efficient to have 2 storey side extension then a stepping down which would create difficult angles, be less sustainable and creates the potential for leaks as a significant stepping down would mean that the thermal panels would not work as well.
· To refuse this proposal would be contrary to the Council’s declared climate emergency.
It was moved and seconded that the application be Approved, and it was therefore:
Resolved: That the application be Approved subject to the following conditions:
(i) The development shall be begun not later than the expiration of three years from the date of this permission.
Reason: To ensure compliance with Sections 91 to 93 and Section 56 of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990 as amended by section 51 of the Compulsory Purchase Act 2004.
(ii) The development hereby permitted shall be carried out in accordance with the following plans: -BP/02 03/10/19 005, 006, 007, 008
Reason: For the avoidance of doubt and to ensure that the development is carried out only as approved by the Local Planning Authority.
(iii) Details of the finish of the timber cladding shall be submitted to and approved in writing by the Local Planning Authority prior to its installation.
Reason: To ensure a visually cohesive development in the interests of the appearance of the estate.
(iv) Any part of the hedge adjacent to the western boundary of site which is damaged or removed during the development process shall be reinstated as shown on drawing number BP/02 03/10/19 008 within a period of six months of the completion of the development. Any part of the hedge which within a period of five years from the completion of the development dies, is removed or becomes seriously damaged or diseased shall be replaced in the next planting season with others of a similar size and species, unless alternatives are approved in writing by the Local Planning Authority.
Reason: In the interests of the character and appearance of the area
as the hedge is a design feature of the estate.
(v) The hedge that bounds the flank of the property replace the hedge as it was before landscaping condition to reinstate and usual conditions.
Reason: It would be unduly restrictive to refuse it and it is in keeping with the area.