Make it York
The Managing Director of Make it York will present the committee with a business update for Make it York, including performance information for 2015/16 and 2016/17 and their proposals for 2017/18 and beyond. Members are requested to approve their annual budget and business development proposals.
The Managing Director of Make it York (MiY) presented the committee with a business update, including performance information for 2015/16 and 2016/17 and their proposals for 2017/18 and beyond.
In response to questions from Members the Managing Director stated that:
· Money that had transferred with Science City York was ring fenced for York science companies and a board had been established to advise as to how it would best be spent.
· Make it York was still a Teckal company.
· There was a hope for capital investment in the Shambles Market area. At this stage it would not be feasible to look at Parliament Street due to costs and the disruption it would cause to businesses.
· In terms of security issues around the Christmas market after serious incidents elsewhere in the world, North Yorkshire Police were in close contact with MiY and training sessions had been arranged.
· Alcohol was not always involved in festivals, for example the Easter Family Festival, it depended on the kind of event being offered.
1. the annual budget for Make it York be approved.
2. The business development proposals contained in the delivery plans be approved.
Reason: As required under the Shareholder Agreement.
- Make it York cover report 31 March 2017 Public Report, item 14. PDF 167 KB
- 1 Contents, item 14. PDF 263 KB
- 2 Chairman's foreword, item 14. PDF 374 KB
- 3 BP Overview, item 14. PDF 395 KB
- 4 Strategic Framework, item 14. PDF 291 KB
- 5 Company values, item 14. PDF 367 KB
- 6 Management Structure, item 14. PDF 239 KB
- 7 Composition of Board, item 14. PDF 180 KB
- 8 SLA Mar 2017, item 14. PDF 359 KB
- 9 SWOT analysis, item 14. PDF 57 KB
- 10 Risk Analysis, item 14. PDF 374 KB
- 11 2017-18 Budget Summary, item 14. PDF 144 KB
- 12 Budget narrative, item 14. PDF 278 KB
- 13 Balance Sheet, item 14. PDF 136 KB
- Restricted enclosure View the reasons why document 14./15 is restricted
- Restricted enclosure View the reasons why document 14./16 is restricted