Agenda and decisions
Venue: The Thornton Room - Ground Floor, West Offices (G039). View directions
Contact: Angela Bielby Democracy Officer
Webcast: video recording
Declarations of Interest
At this point in the meeting, the Executive Members are asked to
· any personal interests not included on the Register of
· any prejudicial interests or
· any disclosable pecuniary interests
which they may have in respect of business on this agenda.
To approve and sign the minutes of the Decision Session held on 9 March 2020 (to follow).
At this point in the meeting, members of the public who have registered to speak can do so. The deadline for registering is 5:00pm on Friday 13 March 2020. Members of the public can speak on agenda items or matters within the Executive Member’s remit.
To register to speak please contact the Democracy Officer for the meeting, on the details at the foot of the agenda.
Filming, Recording or Webcasting Meetings
Please note that, subject to available resources, this meeting will be filmed and webcast, or recorded, including any registered public speakers who have given their permission. The broadcast can be viewed at http://www.york.gov.uk/webcasts or, if recorded, this will be uploaded onto the Council’s website following the meeting.
Residents are welcome to photograph, film or record Councillors and Officers at all meetings open to the press and public. This includes the use of social media reporting, i.e. tweeting. Anyone wishing to film, record or take photos at any public meeting should contact the Democracy Officer (contact details are at the foot of this agenda) in advance of the meeting.
The Council’s protocol on Webcasting, Filming & Recording of Meetings ensures that these practices are carried out in a manner both respectful to the conduct of the meeting and all those present. It can be viewed at
This report seeks approval of the recommended award of £100,000 of grants to fund six projects to deliver financial inclusion activities in the city. The approval of the grants for the schemes comes following a round of competitive bids and a selection panel process.
Resolved: That approval be given to the award of £100,000 of grants to fund the following six projects to deliver financial inclusion activities in the city:
1. 5,500 to the Older Citizens Advocacy York (OCAY) Benefits Advocacy project to provide advocacy support to help with applications, assessments and appeals
2. £13,000* to the Citizens’ Advice York Financial Inclusion at GP surgeries project to continue to develop co-ordinated advice work located in GP practices
3. £30,026 to Citizens’ Advice York Advice, Information & Budgeting in community settings project to continue to provide and develop community settings for advice
4. £23,426 to the Peasholme Charity My Money, My Life project to continue delivery if its financial capability pathway service
5. £12,898 to the Welfare Benefits Unit Universal Credit Focus project to continue to provide second tier in depth support to advisers
6. £15,150* Changing Lives Financial & Social Inclusion Worker project to support vulnerable and hard to reach residents to gain financial independence.
* Note: two bids were partially funded
Reason: To ensure that funds set aside to support the delivery of financial inclusion activity are allocated appropriately.