Agenda and draft minutes
Venue: St Edward the Confessor Church, Tadcaster Road, YO24 1QG
Contact: Michal Czekajlo Community Involvement Officer
Drop in from 6:30pm
Residents had an opportunity to talk with Ward Councillors, PCSO Kathryn Barrett, City of York Council Health and Wellbeing Officers and representatives from York Timebank, Older Citizens Advocacy York, The Occasion Choir and York Greenways.
· Update on Ward Budget schemes
· Update on the play area consultation
· Review of ward priorities
o Breakout session to discuss ward priorities for the year ahead
· Have your say
Ward budget update
With the use of a Power Point presentation (see copy attached) Ward Councillors provided an update on projects funded this year and the remaining amount of ward budget. A list of potential schemes that the Ward Team plans to commission was presented and comments/suggestions were invited.
A comment was raised that the Vehicle Activated Sign may not totally alleviate the speeding issue on Chaloner’s Road and a suggestion was offered to resurface parts of Lomond Ginnel instead of using the fund for repainting of the missing centre line and symbols. This will be investigated further.
Update on play consultation
Councillor Fenton spoke about the recent play consultation and the next steps in the process, which will include the establishment of a panel to consider city wide feedback and make recommendations on allocation of funds.
Review of ward priorities
Ward Councillors outlined current ward priorities and invited residents to take part in discussion about proposed priorities for the year ahead.
Following the discussion session, the following were agreed by the meeting as ward priorities for the year ahead:
· Improving the local environment
· Increasing community involvement
· Improving access to services and support
· Promoting community safety
Have your say
The following matters were raised and discussed:
· Surface water flooding on Tadcaster Road outside the Fox and Roman Pub;
· Inefficient roadside drainage on Moor Lane;
· Potholes and weeds on Cherry Lane;
· Insufficient sight lines at the Cherry Lane/St Edwards Close junction;
· Sunday bus service in Woodthorpe;
· Future of the former Park and Ride site and the trees that grow on its perimeter;
· Traffic issues related to York College coach transport for students;
· Street cleansing schedule trial;
· Culvert under the Chapman’s Pond.