Agenda and minutes
Contact: Carolyn Perry
Informal Information Ward Committee Meeting
We are inviting all the residents of the Derwent, Heworth Without, Osbaldwick Ward to come along and meet your elected members,
· Councillor Jenny Brooks,
· Councillor Nigel Ayre
· Councillor Mark Warters
at an informal Ward Committee Information Fair at the Christ Church on Stockton Lane, Heworth Without 5.00pm until 7.00pm.
You will have an opportunity to meet and talk to representatives from
· Safer Neighbourhood Team
· Street Environment Officer
· Neighbourhood Management Officer
· Older Citizens Advocacy- York
· Age Concern
· York Links
· Get Set for Digital
· The Hut will be open from 6pm for Wii games, table football and more.
1. WARD COMMITTEE MEETING INFORMATION FAIR.
The Ward Committee Meeting Informal Information Fair was held at the Christ Church Stockton Lane, Heworth Without on the 21st of July from 5.30pm-7.30pm. Due to the windy weather we move the meeting to inside the church.
2. Residents from the Wards took the opportunity to meet with Councillors Jenny Brooks, Nigel Ayre and the newly elected Councillor Mark Warters on a one to one basis to raise any issues and concerns in the Wards.
3. The Derwent, Heworth Without Ward Team,
Street Environment Officer – Angus Young
Safer Neighbourhood Team- Alex Dobson, Anne Simpson, Martin Roberts
Neighbourhood management Officers- Clair Taylor and Carolyn Perry
Consulted and engaged with the Residents and the representatives from community organisations individually.
Discussions around possible Local Improvement schemes and advice given about the scheme/grant suggestion process.
Encouragement was given to the Residents to have their say by using the scheme suggestion forms in the Your Ward publication and by participating in the ward committee meetings.
4. The Your Ward , scheme suggestions and grant application packs given out as requested.
5. Community organisation and their representatives that attended the Ward committee Information Fair :
· Age Concern- Sally Hutchinson
· Older Citizens Advocacy York- Linda Tester
· YorkCVS- Sian Bolson
· NHS Foundation- Penny
· The Hut- Val Caffrey
They provide information handed out pamphlets about their organisation and services that they provide to the community in the wards
6. Refreshment were serviced at the event.