Proposed venue: Carr Junior School, Ostman Road
Welcome and introdcutions
PC Graham Cooper gave an update on ward issues and informed residents that crime has reduced by 45% in the Acomb & Holgate Wards.
Residents raised the following;
· Are the PCSO’s more like Special Constables?
· Can PCSO’s be contacted or do we have to go through the main switchboard?
York Northwest consultation
Sue Houghton and Ann Ward from the York Northwest Project Team presented aerial views of the land in question for development and explained the Area Action Plan and how it works.
Residents were given the background to the sites and the timescale of the consultation. Formal consultation starts on 5th November.
· The British Sugar site is bigger than York Central by two hectares
· The tree and landscaping assessments have been done.
· Ecologists are surveying the site.
Residents had the opportunity to raise questions;
· What planning applications are in process?
· Are you considering a link between the two sites?
· Will there be footpaths and cycle routes in to the City from Water Lane/Poppleton Road end?
· Is the current Manor School going to be in the plans?
· What have CYC got planned for the A59?
· Is there any listed buildings or any limit to put on Housing Development?
The Development is hoping to achieve a number of things;
· Try and create local jobs for local people
· There is a possibility that the Railway Museum will want to develop the museum further.
· We would like to provide a transport corridor from the ring road to the city centre
· Access to the site is critical and priority.
At the moment a development package is being put together to appoint a developer.
All answers, thoughts and views will be fed in to the process.
Residents were asked if there were any questions relating to the scheme ballot list for 08/09.
The following groups were represented and gave a brief report on the work they have done and thanked the ward committee for their support.
· Age Concern
· Street Sports
· York & District Sports Federation
· Carr Vikings
· Citizens Advice Bureau
Have Your Say
· A resident expressed thanks to both Cllrs for their hard work in the ward.
· Can something be done about the standing rainwater outside Jacksons on Beckfield Lane
· Lights at Scarborough Bridge are not always working.