Agenda and minutes
Venue: Lidgett Grove Church, Wheatlands Grove
Contact: Michal Czekajlo Community Involvement Officer
· An update on ward funded schemes and ward budget timetable for year 2017-18
· Ward priorities – matters we will focus on this year
· Anti scam advice – Matthew Boxall, Public Protection Team
1) Welcome and Apologies
Councillor Myers welcomed everyone to the meeting. There were no apologies for non-attendance.
2) An update on ward funded schemes and ward budget timetable for year 2017-18
Cllr Myers outlined ward budget figures and funding process for 2017-18.
· Ward general/revenue budget allocation is £23,673 (not including carry forward amount from year 2016-17 which is yet to be confirmed).
· Ward highways/capital budget allocation is £11,280 (plus carry forward of £22,560 from years 2015-16 and 2016-17).
Cllr Myers gave details of projects that were funded from the ward budget since the last Ward Committee meeting. These include:
· A grant of £8,080 to the Lidgett Grove Methodist Church to upgrade the community cafe/kitchen area with a new dishwasher, fridge and freezer, cooker extension, purchase additional chairs and improve the external signage.
· A grant of £2,000 to the Friends of Carr Junior School to produce a 'Day in the life' film to commemorate the old school site. Cllr Myers stated the Ward Committee has not heard from the group recently and an update on how the project progressed will be requested.
· Commission tree work on the Fishponds Wood site £1,150 and a grant of £340 to Friends of Fishponds Wood for PLI cover for the group, purchase of bat boxes and to cover costs associated with chipping tree logs and branches.
point representative from the Friends of Fishponds Wood spoke about
the group’s most recent ventures including transforming logs
into seating spaces and installing bat boxes. It has been observed
that footfall in the wood increased recently and that the area has
become popular as a picnic spot.
York Rotters were suggested as a potential partner in that venture.
· Commission planting trees at various locations across the ward. £7,200 dedicated to pay for 40 tree saplings, tree guards, planting by the contractor and watering visits.
· A grant of £3,750 to the Arty Farty Stuff Community Interest Company towards the Legacy project to undertake intergenerational story share of Acomb.
At this point representative from the group spoke about the project progress so far. A number of local stories has been collected, however the project lead has become ill and can not continue with the project until he is back from the hospital. The project came across difficulties in engaging with Carr schools and the Manor CE Academy. Cllr Barnes suggested contacting the wellbeing coordinator, or the governing body at Carr schools. The group was also offered a stall space in the forthcoming Acomb Fun Run.
· A grant of £1,500 to the Active8Learning to provide a range of craft and skill workshops for elderly residents to learn new skills.
At this point the ... view the full minutes text for item 1.
Informal drop-in 10:30am - 11:30am
· An opportunity to talk to your ward councillors and Public Protection team representative
· Find out about ward funded projects and what is happening locally
· Give us your views on what is important to you in your community