Agenda and decisions
Venue: Remote Hearing
Contact: Fiona Young Democratic Services
To elect a Member to act as Chair of the meeting.
Declarations of Interest
At this point in the meeting, Members are asked to declare any disclosable pecuniary interest or other registerable interest they might have in respect of business on this agenda, if they have not already done so in advance on the Register of Interests.
Exclusion of Press and Public
To consider excluding the Press and Public during the sub-committee’s deliberations and decision-making at the end of the hearing, on the grounds that the public interest in excluding the public outweighs the public interest in that part of the meeting taking place in public, under Regulation 14 of the Licensing Act 2003 (Hearings) Regulations 2005.
To approve and sign the minutes of the Licensing Hearingsheld on 11 July 2022 and 21 July 2022.
Hearing reconvened remotely in private session at 11:38 am.
PRESENT:Councillors Melly (Chair), D’Agorne and Orrell
The Sub-Committee resolved to grant a variation to the licence (Option 1) as detailed below:
1. The internal and external alterations to the plan which forms part of the premises licence to include a glass atrium to rear, pergola to the side, replacement of garage doors with windows and doors, remove internal wall, replace internal doors and new external French doors, as shown on the plan submitted with the application, are approved.
2. The existing pool room/public bar is changed into a shop/deli.
3. The supply of alcohol on the premises is extended to the hours of 08:00 to midnight every day.
4. Notwithstanding condition 3 above alcohol shall be served only ancillary to food between the hours 08:00 and 10:00 every day.
5. Condition 5 in Annex 3 to the current licence shall be amended as follows:
The areas shown on the plan submitted with the application marked ‘Walled Garden’, ‘Pergola with fabric roof’, ‘Wine Cave’ and ‘Patio Garden’ shall be closed and cleared of customers from 23:15 until 10:00 hours Monday to Sunday.
The external drinking area marked ‘Car Park’ shown on the plan submitted with the application shall be vacated, cleared and cleaned by 23:15 hours Monday to Sunday.
6. A direct telephone number for the manager at the premises shall be publicly available at all times the premises is open. This telephone number is to be made available to residents in the vicinity of the premises.
7. The conditions offered in the updated operating schedule are added to the licence.
8. Conditions 1 to 3 in Annex 2 to the current licence are removed.
For the avoidance of doubt, condition 5 in Annex 3 to the existing licence is varied as set out in conditions 5 and 6 as above. Save as varied above, the existing conditions on the licence shall apply in all respects.
The varied licence is subject to any relevant mandatory conditions.
The full reasons for the Sub-Committee’s decision will be included in the detailed Decision Letter which will be provided to the Applicant and Representors in due course.
There is a right of appeal for the Applicant and the Representors to the Magistrates’ Court against this decision. Any appeal to the Magistrates Court must be made within 21 days of receipt of the Decision Letter and sent to the following address:
York and Selby Magistrates Court
The Law Courts