Weed Management of Highways and Associated Areas – Pilot wards
Decision Maker: Corporate Director of Place
Decision status: Decision Made
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
Director of Transport, Environment and
Planning approved in consultation with Executive Member for
Environment and Climate Change the request of ward councillors for
their wards to:-
a) replace spraying with single strim around highway obstacles by Public Realm teams and
b) not receive one highway weed treatment spray as undertaken by Contractors (i.e. the third and final spray of the season).
c) exclude sections from any spraying at all
Reason: To test out difference approaches to weed management with a view to reporting results back following the Pilot
Option a) Agree to all of the requests listed
in the attached decision sheet.
Option b) Reject the suggested requests listed in the table in the attached decision sheet and only approve those wards that have outlined a 'whole ward' approach.
Option b was rejected.
Publication date: 19/05/2022
Date of decision: 18/05/2022
- Weed Pilot Director Officer Decision with maps.docx PDF 249 KB View as HTML (1) 72 KB
- Annex 1 St Paul's Square Map.pdf PDF 313 KB
- Annex 2 Leeman Road Area Map.pdf PDF 287 KB
- Annex 3 Sowerby Estate Holgate Map.pdf PDF 315 KB
- Annex 4 Barlow Street Area Map.pdf PDF 302 KB
- Annex 5 Fishergate Alleys Map.pdf PDF 225 KB
- Annex 6 Elvington.pdf PDF 185 KB
- Annex 7 Skelton.pdf PDF 235 KB