Annual report on Financial Inclusion and Welfare Benefits activities
Decision Maker: Decision Session - Executive Member for Finance and Major Projects, Executive Member for Finance and Performance
Decision status: Decision Made
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: Yes
Purpose of Report: To update the Executive Member on:
• financial inclusion (FI) activity during 2020/21 including delivery of FI grant schemes
• an update on benefits statistics and performance as administered by the council including the York Financial Assistance Scheme
• any ongoing impact of the covid-19 pandemic importantly the support available for residents in dealing with these challenges.
The Executive Member will be asked to noted the report.
Resolved: That the 2020-21 Annual report on Financial Inclusion and Welfare Benefits activities and progress made in supporting residents who are financially vulnerable be noted.
Reason: To ensure councillors, residents and stakeholder groups are aware of the ongoing financial inclusion activity across the city and use of associated funding including covid-19 support, and to be updated on welfare benefits changes and their impacts.
Report author: John Madden
Publication date: 12/07/2021
Date of decision: 12/07/2021
Decided at meeting: 12/07/2021 - Decision Session - Executive Member for Finance and Major Projects
Effective from: 15/07/2021
- Welfare Benefits Financial Inclusion July 12 21 Final PDF 667 KB View as HTML (1) 233 KB
- Annex A Universal Credit York April 21 PDF 407 KB View as HTML (2) 294 KB
- Annex B IT Support Scheme Report March 21 PDF 279 KB View as HTML (3) 74 KB
- Annex C Trends in YFAS Spend PDF 157 KB View as HTML (4) 92 KB