Residents’ Parking in South Bank Response to Draft Order
Decision Maker: Decision Session - Executive Member for Transport, Executive Member for Transport
Decision status: Decision Made
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: Yes
Purpose of Report: To report progress on Advertising the draft
Order and report on the responses/objections received. The draft
Traffic Regulation Order (TRO) would implement further ResPark
controls in streets in the South Bank area which the Executive
Member considered in Aug 2020.
Decisions will need to be made to agree to make the Traffic Regulation Order (TRO) needed to introduce the agreed restrictions.
The Executive Member will be asked to confirm the decision to introduce a ResPark scheme in the following streets;
• Bishopthorpe Road between Southlands Road and Terry’s Mews;
• Rectory Gardens (off Bishopthorpe Road)
• Balmoral Terrace and
• Albemarle Road (on sections) between Telford Terrace and Brunswick Street.
i. Approved the decision to make the Traffic Regulation Order (TRO) needed to introduce the ResPark scheme set out in the report and to include the Cricket Club within the scheme.
Reason: To positively respond to original petitions and further
comments received, supporting ResPark controls in streets in the South Bank area, which the Executive Member considered in August 2020 and to implement a scheme that reflects the majority view gained from more recent consultation in the area.
Report author: Ken Hay
Publication date: 22/06/2021
Date of decision: 22/06/2021
Decided at meeting: 22/06/2021 - Decision Session - Executive Member for Transport
Effective from: 25/06/2021
- Residents' Parking in South Bank Update 22 06 21 PDF 438 KB View as HTML (1) 79 KB
- ANNEX A Summary of Objections PDF 178 KB
- ANNEX B1 R58 ALDRETH GROVE ZONE PDF 1 MB
- ANNEX B2 Bishopthorpe Road Limited Waiting PDF 294 KB
- ANNEX B3 R58 AREA NORTH PDF 445 KB
- ANNEX B4 R58 AREA CENTRAL PDF 320 KB
- ANNEX B5 R58 AREA SOUTH PDF 394 KB
- ANNEX B6 R58 AREA WEST PDF 393 KB
- ANNEX C R58 Experimental ResPark Area PDF 469 KB
- ANNEX D Progress Flow Chart PDF 145 KB