Reopening the High Street 2021 Proposals
Decision Maker: Corporate Director of Economy and Place
Decision status: Decision Made
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
Allocation of ARG funding to Make It York and
the BID to provide managed outdoor seating for the re-opening of
the city centre from covid lockdown. This will be allocated as
• The allocation of £45k to the BID to deliver College Green and general outdoor seating across the city centre
• The allocation of £60k to Make It York to deliver Parliament Street seating area and £4.5k for the associated toilets
The allocation of a single budget of up to £20k to allow Make It York and the BID to operate shared security and waste collections across all city centre wide projects.
Option 1 - allocate ARG funding to Make It
York and the BID as outlined above.
Option 2 - decline to allocate ARG funding as outlined above.
Option 2 was rejected.
Publication date: 26/03/2021
Date of decision: 26/03/2021
- Director Officer Decision - ARG funding for outdoor spaces 260321.docx PDF 219 KB View as HTML (1) 77 KB
- 260321 ERG - proposed allocation of ARG funding for city centre reopening.docx PDF 379 KB View as HTML (2) 48 KB
- 260321 Annex 1 - Re-opening the city centre.docx PDF 545 KB View as HTML (3) 55 KB