COVID 19 - Economic Recovery – Blue Badge parking
Decision Maker: Chief Executive
Decision status: Decision Made
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
1. To approve a Temporary TRO (valid until 15th December in line with footstreet areas TTROs) to offer a single parking bay on Duncombe Place, in front of the Dean’s court Hotel. The bay will be marked as:
a. 8am to 8pm: Blue Badge holders for up to 3 hours and loading for up to 30 min, no return within 1 hour;
b. 8pm to 8am – no parking restrictions.
The area will be identified as one single area rather than individual marked bays, with capacity for approx. 7 vehicles.
2. To approve a Temporary TRO (valid until 15th December) to offer a Blue Badge only parking bay (suitable for 2 vehicles) St Saviourgate, to be marked as: Blue Badge holders only, Monday to Saturday, between 8am and 6pm.
3. To approve a Temporary TRO (valid until 15th December) to offer a Blue Badge parking bay on Dundas Street (suitable for approx. 5 vehicles)
4. To approve a Temporary TRO (valid until 15th December) to offer a Blue Badge parking bay on Carmelite Street (suitable for approx. 2 vehicles)
5. To continue to review potential location for additional Blue Badge parking capacity around the footstreets area.
This will be reviewed in line with changes to COVID Alert levels
Reason for the Decision:
To maintain social distancing whilst implementing the council’s Covid Recovery plan. This action supports the councils Covid Economic Recovery Transport and Place Strategy to reopen the city centre, including the hospitality sector, whilst enabling social distancing.
Option 1 - To approve the Temporary TRO's as
Option 2 - Reject the Temporary TRO's as outlined.
Option 2 was rejected.
Publication date: 31/07/2020
Date of decision: 29/07/2020