Community Stadium and Leisure Facilities Report
Decision Maker: Executive
Decision status: For Determination
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
Purpose of Report:
Prior to a recommendation to Council on 24 March, this report
presents the finalisation of the delivery of the Community Stadium
and Leisure facilities contract.
Members are asked to;
1. Provide authority to award the contract for the design, build, operation and maintenance of the facilities.
2. Agree the financial costs for the delivery of the contract.
3. Any other appropriate decisions relating to the effective delivery of the project.
This item will now be considered by the Executive on 15 December in order to align the decision making process to enable ratification of the decision at Full Council on 17 December.
Due to ongoing negotiations this item has been slipped to 11 February Executive.
This report has now been deferred to the March meeting of Executive as further preparation/ analysis is required before an update is provided to Executive Members.
In order to allow the Community Stadium recommendations to be considered at the 24 March Council meeting the March Executive meeting has been brought forward from Thursday 31 Marchto Thursday 17 March.
Resolved: (i) That the Director of Customer and Business Support Services, in conjunction with the Leader and Executive Member for Leisure & Culture be authorised to complete all final negotiations and arrange execution of the Stadium Naming Rights Sponsorship agreement.
(ii) That the terms of the current Design Build Operate and Maintain (DBOM) Contract, as set out at paragraphs 22 - 29 be acknowledged and in relation to Yearsley Pool note the continuing Review which will be subject of a separate Executive report to be brought in Autumn 2016.
(iii) That the current anticipated Project timetable for delivery of the New Stadium and Leisure Complex (NSLC) in the report is acknowledged, as set out at table 7.
(iv) That the risks of the Project as set out in the report, that cover the period to reaching DBOM Contract signature and through the NSLC construction period and the ongoing operation of the full term of the DBOM Contract, are noted.
Reason: To progress with the Project and enter into all legal agreements to deliver NSLC and operation by Greenwich Leisure Ltd of the NSLC and the city’s wider leisure facilities.
Report author: Tim Atkins
Publication date: 17/03/2016
Date of decision: 17/03/2016
Decided at meeting: 17/03/2016 - Executive
Effective from: 22/03/2016
- Stadium Project_17th March 2016 Executive Report_vF1 PDF 527 KB
- Annex A_Plans A_Site masterplan outlining components of NSLC PDF 16 MB
- Annex A_Plan B_Identification of land for Commercial transfer PDF 2 MB
- Annex A_Plan C_Identification of East Stand Commerical Units PDF 5 MB
- Annex A_Plans D_Images of the NSLC scheme PDF 15 MB
- Restricted enclosure View reasons restricted
- Annex C_Equality Impact Assessment_updated Feb 2016_vF1 PDF 332 KB