Tower Street: Consideration of Objection received to recently advertised proposal to add disabled parking space to the Traffic Regulation Order to enable enforcement
Decision Maker: Corporate Director of Economy and Place
Decision status: Decision Made
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
Acting Director of City and Environmental
Services agreed to implement as advertised for the disabled parking
area and advertise a “loading bay” outside the Hilton
Hotel to provide an area for deliveries and coaches outside the
hotel and prevent long term parking causing a negative impact in
this area (as shown on plan at Annex A).
A. Implement as advertised (recommended
action) and advertise a loading bay as shown on plan at Annex
B. Take no further action and the space remains advisory, this is not recommended because the space is abused by long-term parking by commuters and will continue to have a negative impact on the Hilton Hotel.
C. Remove the disabled parking bay and replace with no waiting at any time restrictions (double yellow lines). This is not recommended as blue badge holders will still be able to park (for 3 hours) which creates problems for the adjacent Hilton Hotel.
Options B and C were rejected.
Publication date: 25/09/2015
Date of decision: 25/09/2015
- 011 Disabled Parking Provision Tower Street Director Decision Report 250915.docx PDF 82 KB
- 011 Decision Session - Tower Street 250915.docx PDF 121 KB
- 011 Annex A Tower Street 250915.pdf PDF 74 KB
- 011 - Annex B Tower Street Disabled Parking Provision 250915.doc PDF 266 KB
- 011 - ANNEX C Councillor Comments Disabled Parking Amenity Tower Street.doc PDF 183 KB