Reinvigorate York: Public Space Improvement Project for Kings Square
Decision Maker: Executive
Decision status: Decision Made
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: Yes
Purpose of the report is to report and analyse
the outcome of a public consultation of a draft Kings Square design
scheme and present the details of the final design scheme.
Members are asked to approve the final design scheme.
RESOLVED: That Cabinet agree to:
i) The preferred design as set out at Option 1, paragraph 10 of the report, together with a proposed allocated project budget of £490,000 out of the already agreed funds of the overall Reinvigorate York programme.
ii) The delegation of agreement of the final design details to the relevant Cabinet Member in consultation with the appropriate Director.
REASON: This is the preferred final design following a thorough analysis of public consultation and discussions with specialist officers and provides an improvement project with an adequate budget and avoids delay and potential risk of not completing the Reinvigorate York programme.
Report author: Guy Hanson
Publication date: 02/04/2013
Date of decision: 02/04/2013
Decided at meeting: 02/04/2013 - Executive
Effective from: 05/04/2013
- Reinvigorate York Public Space Improvement Project for Kings Square PDF 110 KB
- Annex 1 Kings Square Consultation Methods PDF 310 KB
- Annex 2 Kings Square Email Responses PDF 307 KB
- Annex 3 Kings Square Internet Leaflet Responses PDF 466 KB
- Annex 4 Kings Square Analysis of Consultation Responses 02'04'13 PDF 189 KB
- Annex 5 preferred final design option PDF 1 MB