Review of Council Subsidised Local Bus Service Provision
Decision Maker: Decision Session - Executive Member for City Strategy
Decision status: Decision Made
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: Yes
Purpose of report: The report will consider the bus services subsidised by the Council within the context of the wider bus network. The report will inform the tendering process, due to take place in 2011, for the procurement of all supported bus services wholly operated within the City of York area.
The Executive Member is asked to: Approve one of the options put forward for the ongoing provision of Council supported bus services.
RESOLVED: That the Executive Member for City Strategy agrees:
i) That the proposed network of bus routes, as detailed in Option E of the officer report, be tendered in December 2010 for introduction from September 2011.
ii) To the withdrawal of services as indicated in the officer report.
iii) To request officers to report back if there are significant implications for the City caused by any reductions in subsidised bus services which may be agreed by neighbouring authorities.
REASON: This course of action will meet with the current efficiency agenda of the Council whilst providing the most comprehensive and attractive network of bus routes which will retain an acceptable level of bus provision across the City.
Report author: Andrew Bradley
Publication date: 07/12/2010
Date of decision: 07/12/2010
Decided at meeting: 07/12/2010 - Decision Session - Executive Member for City Strategy
Effective from: 10/12/2010
- Review of subsidised local bus provision Published PDF 145 KB
- Annex A - Proposed route specs for option E PDF 143 KB
- Public Timetables route 11 eves a PDF 26 KB
- Public Timetables route 12 b PDF 34 KB
- Public Timetables route 19A 19C c PDF 38 KB
- Public Timetables route 20 20A d PDF 84 KB
- Public Timetables route 24 26 e PDF 42 KB
- Public Timetables route 36 f PDF 32 KB
- Public Timetables route 112 113 g PDF 35 KB
- Public Timetables route 625 h PDF 30 KB
- Public Timetables route 627 637 i PDF 31 KB
- Public Timetables route T13 j PDF 27 KB
- Annex Aa Subsidised Bus Network vs Commercial Network PDF 1 MB
- Annex B C D 2011 Bus Tenders - Route Plans PDF 4 MB
- Annex E Taxibus T13 PDF 2 MB