Merger of York Coroner Area with North Yorkshire County Council Coroner Areas
Decision Maker: Executive
Decision status: Decision Made
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
Purpose of report: To obtain member agreement to request merger of York and North Yorkshire coroner areas.
The Executive will be asked to agree to City of York Council submitting a business case to the Chief Coroner and Ministry of Justice requesting a merger of York and North Yorkshire coroner areas.
Resolved: That it be noted that this item will be deferred to a future meeting.
Reason: To enable consideration of amendments to be made to the business case by the MoJ.
Report author: Janie Berry
Publication date: 25/06/2021
Date of decision: 24/06/2021
Decided at meeting: 24/06/2021 - Executive
Effective from: 29/06/2021
- Exec Report June 2021 - Coroner Area Merger PDF 256 KB View as HTML (1) 55 KB
- Annex 1 - Chief Coroner's guidance no 14 - Merger of coroner areas PDF 351 KB
- Annex 2 - Appendix A - Resource implications of the merger PDF 343 KB View as HTML (3) 36 KB
- Annex 2 - Appendix B - List of consultees PDF 393 KB
- Annex 2 - Appendix C1 - Coroners areas map current PDF 629 KB View as HTML (5) 2 KB
- Annex 2 - Appendix C2 - Coroner areas map proposed PDF 587 KB View as HTML (6) 2 KB
- Annex 2 - Appendix D - MoJ statistics 2015 - 2019 PDF 173 KB View as HTML (7) 83 KB
- Annex 2 - Appendix E - Equality impact assessment record PDF 234 KB View as HTML (8) 36 KB
- Annex 2 - Appendix F- Data protection impact assessment PDF 276 KB
- Annex 3 better-decision-making-tool PDF 449 KB