Footstreets Traffic Regulation Order Proposals
Decision Maker: Decision Session - Executive Member for Transport, Executive Member for Transport
Decision status: Decision Made
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: Yes
Purpose of Report: The report will present options to amend the
existing permanent Traffic Regulation Order covering the
footstreet area of the city centre, in
line with the Executive decision on The Future of the Extended City
Centre Footstreets (26/11/20). The
streets to be considered are: Blake Street, St Helen’s
Square, Lendal, Goodramgate (between Deangate and King’s Square), King’s
Square, Church Street, and Colliergate.
The Executive Member will be asked to decide whether to proceed with the statutory process (publication of the Notice of Proposals) to amend the existing Traffic Regulation Order.
i. Approved the request to advertise the proposal to amend the Traffic Regulation Order, to remove the exemptions on vehicles with a Blue Disabled User Badge from permitted access to the footstreets during the pedestrian hours, as set out in the report.
Reason: To increase public safety in areas of high footfall and reduce the level of conflict between vehicles and pedestrians, particularly in busy periods.
ii. Approved the advertisement of new Blue Badge parking areas on the outskirts of the pedestrian area and approve further investigation into some additional areas with the exception of two spaces on St Andrew’s Place.
Reason: To provide an improved level of Blue Badge parking and increase the availability of Blue Badge parking amenity.
Report author: Helene Vergereau
Publication date: 22/06/2021
Date of decision: 22/06/2021
Decided at meeting: 22/06/2021 - Decision Session - Executive Member for Transport
Effective from: 25/06/2021
- Removal of Exemption TRO PDF 622 KB View as HTML (1) 148 KB
- Annex A - Independent_Review_of_York_City_Centre_Disabled_Access_Offer PDF 175 KB
- Annex B - Junction of Blake Street & Duncombe Place PDF 413 KB
- Annex C - Duncombe Place Horse Drawn Carriage PDF 310 KB
- Annex D - St Andrewgate PDF 392 KB
- Annex E - St Andrew Place PDF 561 KB
- Annex F - Deangate PDF 391 KB
- Annex G - Stonebow Outside Calvert Carpets PDF 385 KB
- Annex H - St Deny's Road PDF 428 KB
- Annex I - Cumberland Street PDF 496 KB
- Annex J - Lord Mayor's Walk PDF 391 KB
- Annex K - St Leonard's Place PDF 393 KB
- Annex L Equalities Impact Assessment PDF 712 KB View as HTML (13) 137 KB
- Annex M - City Centre Blue Badge Parking Survey Results PDF 746 KB
- Annex N - City Centre Blue Badge Parking Survey Results Blue Badge Holder Responses Only PDF 762 KB