York Economic Strategy
Decision Maker: Executive
Decision status: Decision Made
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: Yes
Purpose of Report: The report recommends adoption of the proposed
York Economic Strategy. The Economic Strategy is a citywide
document, rather than solely a Council strategy, but of which the
Council is clearly a key partner. It has been developed together
with businesses, skills providers and other stakeholders in the
city, and with cross-party involvement through the policy
development and scrutiny process.
The Economic Development and Transport Policy and Scrutiny Committee’s recommendations will be incorporated into this report with their full report included as an annex.
Executive will be asked to consider the recommendations as outlined in the report and annex.
Resolved: That the
Executive agree to:
(i) Note the overall economic strategy document and narrative, as a city document developed by the York Economic Partnership;
(ii) Adopt and publish the draft economic strategy deliverables and priority areas as included at Annex 5 of the report.
Reason: To enable the delivery of the Economic Strategy for the city.
Report author: Phil Witcherley
Publication date: 19/05/2016
Date of decision: 19/05/2016
Decided at meeting: 19/05/2016 - Executive
Effective from: 24/05/2016
- Economic Strategy Exec Paper PDF 156 KB
- Annex 1 - Economic Strategy PDF 4 MB
- Annex 2 - Review of Ec Strategy Processes PDF 945 KB
- Annex 3 An Overview of York's Economy PDF 3 MB
- Annex 4 - Review of previous strategy PDF 318 KB
- Annex 5 V2 Pr Re Economic Strategy Delivery PDF 146 KB
- Annex 6-Economic Scrutiny Report PDF 194 KB
- Annex 6a - Key findings from workshops. PDF 133 KB