Active Travel Programme - Programme Revision and Contract Award
Decision Maker: Executive
Decision status: Decision Made
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
Purpose of report: to seek the approval to award a contract for the
provision of services in support of delivery of the whole active
travel programme. The value of this contract exceeds £500k
and therefore an Executive decision is required.
The Active Travel Programme have previously been prioritised as there is insufficient budget to deliver all schemes within the programme. This report confirms a revised programme of works that is achievable and affordable, and identifies schemes which will pause for future funding bids. The contract award will permit those schemes which are currently paused to resume as soon as external funding is confirmed.
The Executive will be asked to:
- Approve the revised programme of works and confirm the next steps for each project.
- Approve the award of a contract for the provision of Principal Designer services
Resolved: (i) That the revision to the Active Travel Programme proposed in Option 1 in the report, with the prioritisation of Phase 1 projects as set out in Annex 2, be approved.
Reason: To ensure that the Active Travel Programme is affordable, achievable and effective.
(ii) That approval be given to award the contract for Principal Designer services relating to a number of schemes on the Active Travel Programme, and that authority be delegated to the Director of Environment, Transport and Planning and the Chief Finance Officer, in consultation with the Director of Governance or his delegated officers, to take such steps as are necessary to award and enter into the resulting contracts (Option 3).
Reason: To enable progress to be made on the ‘City Centre North South Cycle Route’ and ‘University East-West Campus Link’ schemes.
Report author: Christian Wood
Publication date: 23/11/2022
Date of decision: 22/11/2022
Decided at meeting: 22/11/2022 - Executive
Effective from: 25/11/2022
- Executive Report - Active Travel Programme Revision and Contract Award - v1.0 14112022 PDF 285 KB View as HTML (1) 91 KB
- Annex 1 Current Active Travel Programme v1.0 27102022 PDF 192 KB
- Annex 2 - Proposed Revised Active Travel Programme v1.2 14112022 PDF 502 KB
- Annex 3 - Active Travel Programme Scheme Evaluation v1.2 14112022 PDF 600 KB View as HTML (4) 200 KB
- Annex 4 - EIA - ATP Revision - v3.0 - 27102022 PDF 663 KB View as HTML (5) 114 KB