TSAR Traffic Signal Refurbishment – Barbican Road/Paragon Street
Decision Maker: Decision Session - Executive Member for Transport, Executive Member for Transport
Decision status: Decision Made
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: Yes
Purpose of Report: A decision is required to approve the proposed
option for the refurbishment of Traffic Signals at the junction of
Barbican Road and Paragon Street.
The Executive Member will be asked to approve the proposed design for Traffic Signal Refurbishment works at the junction of Barbican Road and Paragon Street.
i. Approved the proposed design option presented in Annex A of the report.
Reason: To achieve the core aim of replacing the life-expired traffic signal asset to established TSAR programme standards such that it can continue operate and be repaired economically before it becomes unmaintainable. Additionally, the formalisation of the existing uncontrolled crossing facility over Barbican Road and the introduction of a new crossing of Paragon Street provides a significant improvement to pedestrian and cyclist safety at the junction and will assist in reducing existing levels of pedestrian/cyclist conflict at the south western corner of the junction which have previously been highlighted as an issue.
Report author: James Williams
Publication date: 19/04/2022
Date of decision: 19/04/2022
Decided at meeting: 19/04/2022 - Decision Session - Executive Member for Transport
Effective from: 22/04/2022
- Executive Report-TSAR Barbican Rd at Paragon St V1.3 PDF 278 KB View as HTML (1) 95 KB
- Annex A CYC_TST-YK2230-P-001 (P01) For Consultation drawing PDF 417 KB
- Annex B Existing Option part 1 PDF 12 KB
- Annex B Existing Option part 2 PDF 311 KB
- Annex B Option A part 1 PDF 59 KB
- Annex B Option A part 2 PDF 284 KB
- Annex C Consultation Response v1.1 PDF 436 KB View as HTML (7) 78 KB
- Annex D TSAR Barbican Road Paragon Street EIA v1.2docx PDF 686 KB View as HTML (8) 106 KB