Active Travel Fund (ATF) Programme
Decision Maker: Decision Session - Executive Member for Transport, Executive Member for Transport
Decision status: For Determination
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: Yes
(1) To update the Executive Member for Transport on the progress of the schemes being taken forward under the ATF.
(2) To make decisions on progressing some of the individual projects within the fund programme.
(3) To make an allocation of match funding for the programme and agree resources for delivering the programme
The Executive Member will be asked to approve a series of actions required to deliver the ATF programme.
i. Noted the progress with scheme delivery;
ii. To make a £600k commitment in-principle, with a final match funding budget set following scheme costing and preparation;
iii. The Executive Member endorsed the proposed Consultation Plan;
iv. That CYC develops a pipeline of compliant future schemes through working with stakeholder groups to develop and LCWIP;
v. That delegation is given to officers for the responsibility to make decisions about how to resource the ATF programme in consultation with the Executive Member.
Reason: To allow the City of York Council to determine the most efficient distribution of match funding once more is known about the cost and delivery timescales for the programme as a whole and to ensure that the best possible schemes are progressed. As well as, assist City of York Council in attracting central government funds for active travel projects which will assist in meeting City of York Council’s climate emergency strategy to decarbonise transport and improve air quality and health.
Report author: Julian Ridge
Publication date: 20/01/2021
Date of decision: 18/01/2021
Decided at meeting: 18/01/2021 - Decision Session - Executive Member for Transport
Effective from: 21/01/2021
- EMDS 180121 Active Travel Fund Report PDF 669 KB View as HTML (1) 124 KB
- EMDS 180121 Active Travel Fund Report Final - Annex A Consultation Plan PDF 55 KB View as HTML (2) 18 KB
- Active Travel Fund Appendix B Strategic Cycle Schemes PDF 747 KB
- Active Travel Fund Annex C - LCWIP Draft Scoping Report PDF 8 MB