Tourism Marketing - delivering the Autumn Schedule
Decision Maker: Decision Session - Executive Member for Culture, Leisure and Communities, Executive Member for Culture, Leisure and Communities
Decision status: Decision Made
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: Yes
Purpose of Report: to updates the Executive Member about the Council and Visit York progress following the Executive’s approval of the Council funded tourism marketing strategy.
The Executive Member will be asked to confirm of the proposals for working with partners to develop Covid-19 safe events and experiences to encourage visitors (including residents) into the city during early evenings throughout September to December 2020.
1. That endorsement be given to the approach to supporting the City’s Tourism Economy to ensure that the strategy implementation follows the Executive’s agreed approach to the government’s alert levels.
2. That approval be given to the outline event and experience programme and delegate to the Corporate Director of Economy and Place agreement of scope to deliver the proposed events programme.
3. That approval be given to the use of the remaining £34,500 budget from the Leeds City Region business rates pilot funded York Narrative project to supplement the marketing strategy budget to fund the programme of events and experiences and delegate to the Corporate Director of Economy and Place the final allocation of funding and budget.
1. To support the City’s tourism industry in the important pre-Christmas period to provide visibility and transparency as to the allocation of budget and activity by the Council and Make It York for Tourism support.
2. Funding provided by the council for the tourism marketing plan will deliver a series of themed events and experiences delivered by partners.
Report author: Claire Foale
Publication date: 22/09/2020
Date of decision: 22/09/2020
Effective from: 25/09/2020