Health & Safety Interim Report 2019/20
Decision Maker: Decision Session - Executive Member for Finance and Performance, Executive Member for Finance and Performance
Decision status: Decision Made
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: Yes
Purpose of Report: To update the Executive Member on:
• Key areas of work of the City of York Council (CYC) Health & Safety Service during 2019;
• A performance update on the Health & Safety shared service with North Yorkshire County Council;
• A review of CYC accidents/incidents in the reporting period;
• Consideration and approval of any amendments to the shared service
The Executive Member will be asked to:
•Comment on and note the key areas of work and performance of the Health and Safety service;
•Request any further reports on any areas of concern relating to this work and areas of Health and Safety risk at CYC;
•Consider and approve (or otherwise) any recommendations to the shared service collaboration agreement.
a. The Interim Report including the work of the Shared Health and Safety (H&S) Service be noted.
b. The Corporate Health and Safety Policy be endorsed.
c. The proposed changes to City of York Council/North Yorkshire County Council (CYC/NYCC) Collaboration Agreement be agreed to include:
i. minor administrative changes to the report to, for example, to reflect changes in legislation;
ii. the change to the surplus sharing agreement.
Reason: To ensure the Executive Member and residents are assured that H&S services are resilient and the council has proper arrangements in place for managing and responding to H&S risks.
Report author: Stuart Langston
Publication date: 16/12/2019
Date of decision: 16/12/2019
Decided at meeting: 16/12/2019 - Decision Session - Executive Member for Finance and Performance
Effective from: 19/12/2019
- Health and Safety Interim Report 201920 Final PDF 159 KB
- Annex A interim HS report v3 PDF 285 KB
- Annex B POLICY SECTION 2 HS POLICY STATEMENT DEC 19 V8 Clean CMT draft PDF 98 KB
- Annex C Future Options for the Shared Service (002) PDF 166 KB
- Annex D NYCC-CYC HS Collaboration Agreement FINAL 5 12 19 (002) PDF 719 KB