Supplementary Planning Documents Update
Decision Maker: Decision Session - Executive Member for Economy and Strategic Planning, Executive Member for Economy and Strategic Planning
Decision status: Decision Made
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: Yes
Purpose of report: To
provide an update on Supplementary Planning Documents (SPDs)
prioritised to support the emerging Local Plan, including
Affordable Housing, Green-Blue Infrastructure and a new Carbon
Reduction and Renewable Energy SPD.
The Executive Member will be asked to:
• Note progress to date
• Agree scope/ project plan for the delivery of the Green-Blue Infrastructure and Carbon Reduction SPDs.
• Note Affordable Housing policy position and implications following changes to national policy.
i. The progress of the Supplementary Planning Documents be noted;
ii. The scope of the Green Infrastructure SPD be endorsed to allow the draft document to progress;
iii. The scope of the Carbon Reduction, Renewable Energy and Sustainable Design and Construction SPD be endorsed, to allow the document to progress as the next priority SPD.
Reason: So that work on interim draft Supplementary Planning Documents can be progressed prior to adoption of the York Local Plan.
iv. A report be taken to the Local Plan Working Group and Executive regarding the production of an Affordable Housing SPD and the implications of national policy changes.
Reason: So that Members are aware of potential implications of the NPPF (2019) on affordable housing policy and consequential implications for the production of an SPD.
v. A future report on Green-blue Infrastructure Strategy be taken to Executive to endorse the scope, timetable, and resources required for a GBI strategy and action plan.
Reason: So that work on a draft GBI strategy and action plan can commence.
vi. A response to the government’s consultation on whether to implement changes to Part L of the Building Regulations be taken to a joint Decision Session of the Executive Members for Environment and Climate change, and Economy and Strategic Planning.
Reason: So that the Council can submit a formal response to the Government led consultation on Building Regulations.
Report author: Alison Cooke
Publication date: 18/10/2019
Date of decision: 17/10/2019
Effective from: 22/10/2019
- Supplementary Planning Documents Update Report PDF 769 KB
- Annex 1 – Detailed scope of Green-Blue Infrastructure SPD PDF 215 KB
- Appendix 2- Policy H10 in the submitted Publication draft Local Plan 2018 PDF 207 KB
- Annex 3 – Detailed scope of Carbon Reduction, Renewable Energy and Sustainable Design and Construction SPD PDF 224 KB