My City Centre Project – Establishing a Strategic Vision for York City Centre
Decision Maker: Executive
Decision status: Decision Made
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: Yes
Purpose of Report: The report sets out the proposed expenditure of
£100k identified in February’s budget to create the My
City Centre project to provide a long term strategic vision for the
future of the city centre. This is in response to the social,
economic and environmental challenges resulting from the changing
nature of retail, city centre access, and tourism.
Members will be asked to:
1) Approve the aims and outcomes for the My City Centre project
2) Approve the approach, scope, and governance for the My City Centre project
3) Approve the proposed spend of the £100k budget that has been previously allocated for the project
4) Approve procurement of the identified public engagement support required to deliver the project
Resolved: (i) That the aims and outcomes for the My City Centre project be approved.
Reason: To provide a strategic vision for the city centre that reflects stakeholder and public views and can guide development, regeneration and investment decisions.
(ii) That the approach, scope and governance for the My City Centre project be approved.
Reason: To ensure that the aims and objectives of the My City Centre project are delivered.
(iii) That the proposed spend of the £100k previously allocated to the project be approved.
Reason: To provide the resources required to deliver the My City Centre project.
(iv) That approval be given to procure a contract for the identified public engagement support required to deliver the project and that authority be delegated to the Assistant Director for Regeneration and Asset Management, in consultation with the Assistant Director of Legal and Governance or his/her delegated officers, to take such steps as are necessary to award and enter into the resulting contract.
Reason: To provide the necessary external support to deliver the public engagement that will sit at the heart of shaping the strategic vision.
Report author: Andy Kerr
Publication date: 30/08/2019
Date of decision: 29/08/2019
Decided at meeting: 29/08/2019 - Executive
Effective from: 03/09/2019
- My City Centre Executive report Final PDF 356 KB
- colour - Annex 1 Summary of York City Centre challenges identified through early stakeholder engagement PDF 124 KB
- Annex 2 My City Centre Project Initiation Document (PID) PDF 691 KB
- colour - Annex 3 Area covered by My City Centre project PDF 793 KB
- Annex 4 My City Centre Strategic Relationships diagram PDF 76 KB
- Annex 5 One Planet Council Better Decision Making Tool assessment PDF 298 KB
- Annex 6 Make it York letter in support PDF 304 KB
- Annex 7 York BID letter in support PDF 174 KB