Financial Strategy 2019/20 to 2023/24
Decision Maker: Executive
Decision status: Decision Made
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
This report presents the Financial Strategy, including detailed revenue budget proposals.
Members will be asked to recommend the proposals to full council.
Resolved: (i) That the average rent decrease of 1% to be applied to all ‘social housing rents’ for 2019/20 be approved, as required by legislation and as shown in table 16 at paragraph 169 of the report and described in paragraph 168.
(ii) That the average rent increase of 3.4% to be applied to all rents which fall outside the definition of ‘social housing rents’ for 2019/20, with the exception of a 2.7% increase on the Gypsy, Roma and Traveller Community site rents, be approved, as described in paragraphs 170 and 172.
Reason: To ensure the ongoing financial stability of the HRA and allow work on improving the quality of the council’s affordable housing to continue.
Report author: Sarah Kirby
Publication date: 15/02/2019
Date of decision: 14/02/2019
Decided at meeting: 14/02/2019 - Executive
Effective from: 19/02/2019
- Financial Strategy 2019-20 to 2023-24 PDF 515 KB
- Annex 1 - 2019-20 Budget Summary PDF 17 KB
- Annex 2 - 2019-20 Savings PDF 30 KB
- Annex 3 - fees and charges 19-20 PDF 351 KB
- Annex 4 - HRA Budget PDF 107 KB
- Annex 5 - HRA Savings PDF 5 KB
- Annex 6 - HRA Business Plan PDF 257 KB
- Annex 7 Better Decision Making Tool PDF 229 KB
- Annex 8 - Risk Assessment PDF 27 KB
- Annex 9 - Background Info PDF 185 KB