Castle Gateway Masterplan
Decision Maker: Executive
Decision status: Decision Made
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
Purpose of Report: The report will seek approval for the preferred
masterplan for the regeneration of the
Castle Gateway, and propose a series of recommendations to deliver
Members are asked to approve the preferred masterplan for the Castle Gateway and the proposed first stages of delivery.
[See also under Recommendations to Council]
Resolved: (i) That the preferred masterplan for the Castle Gateway be approved.
Reason: To provide a spatial framework and development uses for the Castle Gateway that reflect the outcome of the detailed masterplanning work and stakeholder and public consultation.
(ii) That approval be given to prepare and submit detailed planning applications for work packages 1 and 2, as identified in the report.
Reason: To enable the next stage of work to implement the masterplan to go forward.
(iii) That approval be given to prepare the detail design of the St George’s Field multi-storey car park alongside the planning application process.
Reason: To allow construction of the car park to commence as soon as planning permission is achieved, in order to enable the delivery of future phases.
(iv) That approval be given to procure a construction contractor for the St George’s Field multi-storey car park alongside the planning application process.
Reason: To have a contractor in place to commence construction of the car park as soon as planning permission and a detailed design are in place.
(v) That a business case be submitted to West Yorkshire Transport Fund for the funding required for work package 1, highway improvements, and any other appropriate highway improvement elements of the masterplan.
Reason: To secure external funding to deliver the proposed highway interventions identified in the masterplan.
(vi) That a lease be granted to the Arts Barge for a mooring to implement their planning permission in Tower Gardens.
Reason: To enable the Arts Barge to implement the planning permission they received in February 2017.
(vii) That a maximum 24 month lease of Castle Mills be granted to York 10 Limited for use as a site compound during the refurbishment of Ryedale House, in exchange for their demolishing the vacant buildings on the site.
Reason: To clear the Castle Mills site at no cost to the council.
Report author: Andy Kerr
Publication date: 27/04/2018
Date of decision: 26/04/2018
Decided at meeting: 26/04/2018 - Executive
Effective from: 01/05/2018
- Castle Gateway Masterplan April 2018 PDF 1 MB
- Annex 1 - Map of Castle Gateway area PDF 2 MB
- Annex 2 - BDP Stage 1 Masterplan Report PDF 39 MB
- Annex 3 - My Castle Gateway Development Brief September 2017 PDF 395 KB
- updated Annex 4 - BDP Stage 2 Report PDF 22 MB
- Annex 5 - My Castle Gateway revised Development Brief January 2018 PDF 132 KB
- Annex 6 - Castle Gateway Masterplan PDF 15 MB
- updated Annex 7 - BDP Stage 3 Report PDF 72 MB
- Annex 8 - Letter from Castle Gateway Advisory Group PDF 101 KB
- Annex 9 - Masterplan Work Packages PDF 12 MB
- Annex 10 - One Planet York Impact Assessment PDF 494 KB
- Restricted enclosure View reasons restricted